Associations & Affiliations
State is committed to continuous improvement. Our active involvement in industry organizations such as HFMA and ACA International helps us continue to improve and learn from our peers. Additionally, our managers and executives are consistently asked to share their expertise and forward thinking, serving as board members as well as earning certifications in many prominent industry organizations including:
- Member – HFMA Medical Accounts Receivable Resolution Task Force (2016 & 2020)
- HFMA Certified Revenue Cycle Representatives (CRCR)
- President-Elect – HFMA Wisconsin Chapter (2021)
- President – ACA International (’95-’96)
- President – Great Lakes Collectors Association (2019)
- Member – ACA International Board of Directors
- Chairman – ACA International PPMS Committee
- Chairman – Committee for the ACA International’s Education Council
- Member – ACA International Ethics Board
Our commitment to leadership, quality assurance, and education within the revenue cycle industry has helped raise the bar for outsourcing agencies across the nation. Our executive management team’s leadership capabilities permeate through our organization and create a culture and expectation of excellence.
Peer Reviewed by HFMA
State has continuously maintained the Peer Reviewed by HFMA designation since we first applied for it 2011.
HFMA’s Peer Review process is designed to provide healthcare financial managers with an objective third party evaluation of products and services used in the healthcare finance workplace. The Peer Review process consists of a rigorous eleven-step high-level screening process by a peer review panel consisting of current customers, prospects who have not made a purchase, and expert HFMA Peer Review Board members. Peer Review status approval of the product or service and its performance claims are based on the following criteria:
- Effectiveness – The product or service has demonstrated that it provides a return on investment; can improve productivity or process effectiveness; meets its promoted benefits; and is accurate, effective and easy-to-use.
- Quality and usability – The vendor and the product or service maintain a reputation of integrity in the healthcare field. The product or service is based on practical industry knowledge and proven experience.
- Value – The vendor delivers excellent customer relations to effectively and efficiently resolve customer issues as they relate to the product or service under consideration.
- Customer and technical support – The vendor has demonstrated superior customer service and technical support of the product or service.
HFMA’s Peer Review process includes extensive surveying of current and prospective clients. According to the survey results, 100% of respondents would recommend our service to other colleagues while 100% feel that our service provides a good value for its cost.
Click here to review State’s Peer Review Key Findings.