Manager of Patient Accounts - Extended Business Office
As the Manager of Patient Accounts – Extended Business Office for State Collection Service, your role will be to manage the performance, workflow, activity, standard of service, and revenue deliverables of our entire Extended Business Office (EBO) department for the healthcare clients we serve. The EBO Manager oversees the work of EBO Supervisors, setting goals for the department and its staff. You will also train and coach supervisory staff, work to resolve department personnel issues, and act as a decisionmaker during the recruitment process as required. As the EBO Manager, you will have overall responsibility for the efficient operation of the EBO department, the management of its personnel and the performance of the department to required company, client and regulatory standards.
Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, with offices around the region and clients around the country, State has an unparalleled reputation for service, integrity, professionalism, and results. As a leader in healthcare receivables management, State prides itself on maintaining a customer-focused approach towards patients while exceeding the needs of our clients at all times.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- 2+ years experience managing a department in a Call Center, Customer Service or Patient Billing function where contact with the public was a part of daily staff duties
- Knowledge/experience of medical terminology, patient billing, healthcare insurance and/or healthcare administration
- Previous experience overseeing other supervisory staff
- A record of success in carrying out duties such as: performance management, handling disciplinary/personnel issues, staffing/interviewing, reporting, scheduling, and coaching/training
- Strategic, workflow and budgetary management experience.
- Personal Computing skills, including MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Powerpoint, MS-Outlook, Internet, and keyboarding
More than just a job
Being part of the State family means more than just taking another job – we’re committed to helping you advance your career. Not only will you be able to share your knowledge and passion with others in the company, we’ll provide you with your own opportunities for continuous learning. With us, you’ll have the potential to continue your industry training and become certified through HFMA. You’ll be able to join us for regular family events and outings, celebrations of our successes, and plenty of fun at work. Most importantly, joining State means being a part of one of the Best Places to Work in the country.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, paid time off, profit sharing, long-term and short-term disability, flexible spending accounts, and tuition reimbursement. State Collection Service is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (W/M/Vets/Disability) employer.
State Collection Service is a drug-free workplace with mandatory pre-employment drug screen for employment consideration.